Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kiel In The Middle

"Life is not just black and white. It has hues and colors in between, which makes it GAY." This is what most people tend to ignore since the dawn of our era. As far as the human race is concerned, gays and lesbians are considered as "the cancer of the society," so to speak. True enough, we have received much love and affection for the past couple of decades, as compared to the harsh treatment our kind had endured for how many years, but still, there are people with a narrow way of thinking about life.

But what is homosexuality, really? It is clinical term first used over a century ago, often used inaccurately, to label people who are emotional, physically, and/or sexually attracted or committed to members of the same sex. Used appropriately, it refers to affection and or sexual behavior between people of the same sex.

There isn't a single dictionary that confined gays as incapable of doing men's jobs, or people who can only work in salons or spas. As a matter of fact, we have already played a significant role in our society, and I am confident to say that without us, it wouldn't be that easy to attain what we all have now. In almost every field of our society, we have been growing in numbers, thriving to live just as any normal would do.

"Life is not just black and white. It has hues and colors in between, which makes it GAY."

We give color to this world. This is, I believe, our greatest strength. No one can argue with that. Even in the worst of times, we are hardly seen lonely. We live a life full of happiness. Personally, I look at my problems in a positive point of view. I take them as challenges that will hone me to be the best that I can. This is our advantage against straight people. We laugh at our problems, but we deal with them seriously.

I have never regretted the day I came out of my shell. It is who I really am, and no one can ever change that. But still, I get this feeling of being an alien to others, as if homosexuality is a vast barrier that kept me from them.

I am in the middle; Kiel is in the middle. I am neither a man nor woman; I can have the strength and agility of a man and the humility and grace of a woman. I can enjoy both worlds without limitations- literally!

I want people to understand that sexual preference is just a thing that all of us have to live with. It does not define a person's capabilities and limitations. A person is who he wants to be, regardless of any social status. I am not asking for everyone to like us. At the very least, treat us as you would treat others.

"I can enjoy both worlds without limitations -- literally!"

It's nerve-wracking to be typecast as someone who isn't me. I live up my life to my expectations, not other people's. I can be a famous, well-respected and wealthy person, even with people telling me I can’t. I am Kielicious. Period.

2 comments: