Monday, June 21, 2010

Wanna Walk With Kiel?

Looking at the poorly lit signage of Sea Oil gas station gave me a sense of fulfillment; its mere presence marked yet another completion of an impromptu mission- to do a leisure walk from Pasig Church all the way to our doorstep. Once again, I have proved that I can accomplish everything that I pursue, from the simplest of tasks to the most complex and intertwined jobs. Modesty aside, OK?


Honestly speaking, this wasn't my first time of doing such thing. One time, I was forced to walk the same route because people are commemorating the Holy Week; the streets were jam-packed with devotees, snatchers, bystanders- people from all walks of life. There's this one time that I left my coin purse inside the FX taxi, leaving me no choice but to repeat the same scenario. This time, I did it out of intuition. I just felt the need to lose some tension though walking. That's what made this time different from the past.

"Once again, I have proved that I can accomplish everything that I pursue, from the simplest of tasks to the most complex and intertwined jobs."
From an online site I've visited minutes after I arrived, I found out that by walking a three-mile route for sixty minutes, I burned approximately three hundred calories. This may not provide as much efficiency compared to other forms of exercises, but it has its benefits. I find walking as a relaxing way to reflect on things. By relaxing I mean enduring the heat of the sun and your whining feet, not to mention the sweat running all over the body. I only have myself to talk with during the sixty-minute period, which made me feel better. I can freely wander around the city without hesitation. By walking, one may look into the things most people tend to ignore. Narrow roads, sidewalks that resemble rocky mountain terrains, canals, creeks, and rivers that serve as the people's sewerage system, vehicles huffing and puffing poisonous gases- these are some faces of our society that can be easily seen, yet it's as if no one bothers to complain, or notice, at the very least.

Believe it or not, walking is the best way to do some "sight-seeing," if you know what I mean. As I started walking, I saw several OHs! walking past me, which made the whole thing easier to finish. The more inspiration you get, the more perspiration you're willing to lose (LOL). But suddenly, my heart thumped faster, my breathing uneven. I saw my long-time crush! Let's just call him Crush, because I don't know his name. Yet (^.^). We walked the same streets, saw the same scenes, smelled the same scents, and heard the same noise- on the opposite sides of the street (I was kinda scared to walk near him). The very sight of him made my day. It's the best day ever... (Spongebob's song fading out)

You see? I told you leisure walks are sure fun to do. Until my next post, then. Back to study mode. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment