Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Networked Society: Are We Really Getting More?

This is my official entry to TechPinas.com Gadget Bonanza BlackBerry Power Pair Edition.


A networked society - are we there yet?
A networked society - that's the world that we're in right now. Or at least, that's where we're heading to. Doing business with people halfway across the globe, communicating with friends from faraway lands: all of this would not be possible without the technology that we enjoy. With the dawn of different devices (laptops, smartphones, tablets), comes the different ways of doing business. It gives us the freedom to do business without sacrificing your personal time; the power to choose when to do it, where to do it, and how to do it is in our fingertips. Amazing, really, how this changed the course of the entire human race. The word 'mobile' has become a household term for quite sometime now, backing up the fact that everyone is willing to be included in the society.

Still, one question lurks at the back of my mind: am I really getting the most out of what I have right now? Am I completely a part of the networked society?

A Win-Win Situation - Who Doesn't Want One?


Multitasking: people of purpose do it
As an engineer who works for an antivirus company, I have always been keen into details. From the smallest of tasks, to the most difficult decision-making scenarios, I take time to look for a win-win situation; making sacrifices is a no-no for me, as much as possible. The same goes with my personal activities. For instance, it took me weeks (even months) of continuous research and feedback-gathering to actual users before I decided to buy myself my very first laptop. The same goes with my very first smartphone. Making the most out of my hard-earned money is definitely part of the deal.

Somehow, I managed to do my work without sacrificing my personal time and effort with the aid of my laptop and smartphone. Still, there are times that they failed to aid you when you needed them most. A proposal left undone because my laptop broke down, or the moment that I needed to contact my boss ASAP, but couldn't because my phone is acting up on me. Although this is tolerable for me, but what if it involves life and death? Would that be the case, still?

And here I am, back to square one. I've been checking all the possibilities for my next smartphone. Although I'm quite happy with what I have now, I can't take chances on that one. I'd rather use it as a backup phone. The search for the real smartphone is on - but how will I know which one to choose?

A Symbol of Strength



Blackberry Curve 8520
I first stumbled upon the word Blackberry around two years ago; a college friend of mine just got her Blackberry Curve 8520. At first, I thought that it's just a phone people use to exercise their bragging rights, but when I got the chance to actually use it, one word came into my mind: strength - in terms of its performance - you'll notice its difference as compared to others, delivering the services that you need, just as it says on the advertisements.

A symbol of strength, a Blackberry smartphone is. By providing connectivity anytime and anywhere, Research In Motion, the company behind this one-of-a-kind smartphone/companion, has retained loyal clients. These clients are the people of purpose - people that value work and personal life, juggling their way through both paths at the same time. Getting work done with colleagues, and staying connected with loved ones at the same time - who doesn't want that?

The Race - Are You Up For It?


It's inevitable - we are all part of the race. I consider myself as a person of purpose, and I intend to finish the race towards a fully achieved networked society, where everyone has the power to choose what's best for them. Having that in mind, I want to get more out of the technology offers to us right now, and I am confident that Blackberry will help me in achieving that goal.

So, how about you?Are you up for it? Are you well equipped? Don't be left behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment